The End of a Chapter: a six year summary



So, it finally happened: I finished my degree!

London, England (2011) 


After six years of adventures, I am graduating with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Environmental Studies and Sociology. It is very exciting to have finally reached this milestone... it has been a long haul.

Some of the exciting adventures I got to take along the way were:

  • A trip to Cuernavaca Mexico for a crash course about Social Justice at Quest.
  • Meeting my best friends.
  • Meeting my now husband.
  • Travelling with friends to Whitehorse, YK.
  • Spending a semester in Kenya learning about International Development; side trips including: Maasai Mara Park, Hells Gate Gorge, Sipi Falls (Uganda), Jinja (Uganda), Wales and London on the way back to Canada.
  • Taking over the school newspaper with my best by my side.
  • Getting engaged!
  • Joining a local performance choir, Kokopelli (travelling to Comox and Banff to perform). 
  • Getting married!
  • Working and meeting one of my best friends through a government position. And getting to travel around much of Alberta to complete our project!
  • A few trips out to Ontario to visit family and attend weddings... and visit wineries of course.
  • Going to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico on a family Vacation.
  • Getting a different government job and having my first closed door office!
  • Buying our first house... and all the renovations that come with!
  • Meeting our son mid-semester.
  • Visiting the West Coast as a family (Keats Island and Vancouver Island).
  • Visiting the West Coast with my mom to attend a wedding and visit my Grandfather.
  • Getting my gallbladder removed.
  • More renovations.
  • Starting an Etsy shop and actually selling things!
  • More renovations.
Quest Mexico Trip
Day trip to Alaska while staying in Whitehorse
Hells Gate National Park
Engagement photos by Rachel J Photography
A Kokopelli Choir Christmas Concert: performing with my sister!
Winter Wedding Wonderland: photography by Carmyn Joy Photography (click link for more photos!)
Touring Alberta: Slave Lake regrowth (after massive forest fires). 
Family trip: Play Del Carmen, Justina brought her instax camera with her
Arrival of a babe. 
West Coast Wonders.
Graduation is finally within reach!


There are so many wonderful things that have happened that I cannot remember at this time, but my it has been a good six years! Now looking forward some things feel uncertain... but with the stress of school removed, I am excited to see what comes our way! 



Comments

Popular Posts