It's Starting to Feel a Bit Like Christmas... Already.



Photo by Brenna from the "Christmas Love for Fort McMurray" facebook group.

A few months ago I was approached on my Etsy shop to donate a few ornaments to families who lost everything in the Fort McMurray fires this past spring.

To be honest I was a bit hesitant at first, as my ornaments are "wood-burned". This felt mildly inappropriate considering how much of the North was consumed by fires this year. But, I chose to see it as more of a "rising of the phoenix" as opposed to potentially offensive. Hopefully, others can see that.

I started making this design, shining star, for the donations. I fell in love with making ornaments all over again. There is something so satisfying about creating, and creating with a purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts