happy people

from here


I am slowly coming to terms with the idea that I am not as nice as I once thought I was. Or maybe I was once nice, and am slowly becoming jaded. Or maybe it is just a stage, or even just a bad day, but recently I feel like despite how good my days have been, I am still a grump and I don't feel like I am a very nice person to be around.

And so with this advice that I found on pinterest by typing in "happy people" (because apparently I have hit that point) I am making myself work towards being happier. In my passion planner I have started writing on the monthly overview a good part of every day. My next challenge is to write on the weekly view, each day something/someone to be grateful for. I want to be the kind of person who is gracious and kind, who in my old age when the dementia sets in that I am so well practiced at being kind that I don't revert to my dark instincts of anger, fear, and negativity.

I feel like maybe I am alone in these fears of mine, but maybe not? I need all the help I can get at this point. I mean can this attitude very truly be turned around? Or will I always be suppressing a pessimistic perspective?

Blergh. Sorry for the bummer talk.

Comments

Popular Posts