Backyard Inspiration: planning for next year



We finished cleaning up the yard for winter today. In this city you start to buckle down early, and prepare for a bitter, long winter, so I have started dreaming about "finishing" the back yard next summer. Of course it will not happen all at once (I mean it took all summer for us to finally move the fence over), but even if we can start bit by bit I am happy! 

My current hopes for next summer are:

- patio for the fire pit (4) & pathway (1/3)
- small fence to distinguish the gardening area (and to keep out small children and cats!) (5)
- clear area to enjoy meals/evening drinks other than the fire pit (and put up lights!) (2)
- a small play area, swings? play structure? sandbox? I'm still searching for inspiration!
- raised garden bed in front of the main window, with hydrangeas!
- painting the faux brick around the door, and the front door itself 
- mulch around the spruce tree (since all the grass is dead there anyhow)
- stain the deck
- re-roof the garage (argh)
- paint the shed?




I love, love, love gardens like this! Though I cannot imagine actually caring for it!




Little lights add for such a magical feeling... I crave them, but haven't figured out a great way to achieve the look and feel in our back yard.




A pathway for through the garden? Though it might be difficult to turn the soil in fall if this was in place?




I adore the look of flagstone, though it's quite expensive.




I think that this photo doesn't do this idea justice! I think it would both work with our current fence AND be fairly cheap!




If I ever get a trampoline (I have sworn I won't) I think that I could handle this idea!

Images found here: 1/2/3/4/5/6

I am full aware I have unbelievably high hopes!

Comments

Popular Posts